Friday, May 18, 2012

My Mother's Day

I came home from a women's retreat this past Sunday morning to find my boys scurrying to get mother's day breakfast ready for me. By scurrying, I mean that Sam was making breakfast while Emm hung out at his feet asking for snacks.

I feel so blessed because my husband really knows me! He helped Emmett do some drawings for me, made me food, took pictures of said food so that I could post on my blog and got me fresh herbs in pots because he knew that I would like plants that I could eat and reuse more than flowers that would wilt in a few days.

Check it out!
The fruity drinks were San Pellegrino Blood Orange sodas with strawberry slices.

What is that bacon-y egg-y plate in the middle? Glad you asked...

Sam's Mother's Day Bacon Bake Up
2 tbsps chopped onion
2 tbsps chopped red pepper
1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh sage
5 eggs
4 slices of bacon
1 tbsp chopped green onion 

Preheat oven to 375.
 
Grease a small baking dish. Lay bacon slices width-wise across the dish so that the ends of the slices hang over the sides of the dish.

Whisk the 5 eggs together. Add your onion, pepper and sage. Whisk to combine.
Pour the egg mixture over the bacon slices.
Wrap the ends of the bacon up over the egg mixture so that it looks like a delicious bacon pile up.
Bake until eggs no longer jiggle and bacon pile up looks crisped. Approximately 20 minutes.

Sprinkle top with chopped green onions.

Serve to your loving wife!
 

1 comment:

  1. Yum! Green onions, nice touch. So is the serving your wife and blood orange sanpellegrino. ;)

    ReplyDelete