Sunday, June 10, 2012

Uh-mazing Roasted Corn with Feta and Cumin

Please forgive the two week hiatus...we have been living it up in Montana. Yes, there was much celebration [we did have to frolic around our beloved Emily and Doug for their wedding day] and much food but I was on vacation and wasn't feeling very motivated to document my cooking. 

In case you were wondering, I did "have" to make homemade ricotta for all of the ladies at the bachelorette, I was "forced" to make my take on steak au poivre for my in-laws' 32nd wedding anniversary and I "choked down" the piggy pumpkin lasagna made for wedding guests. It was hard to eat such delicious food and spend time with such amazing people, but I did it!

We drove back to Denver and, lo and behold, summer was waiting for us with 90+ degree heat. We assembled the kiddy pool and quickly made some awesome summer food.

My fave summer dishes take full advantage of the fresh veggies available, are quick to make and use minimal oven times [I swear my kitchen stays hot for hours after I bake something].

I could eat this roasted corn dish everyday and never tire of it.

Roasted Corn with Feta and Toasted Cumin
1 t ground cumin
1/2 t pepper
1 T  olive oil
4 ears of corn, shucked
1/4 t salt
1/3 c. crumbled feta cheese
2 T chopped chives or green onion

Pre- heat a frying pan over medium heat for about a minute. Add your ground cumin and pepper and toast for another minute. [I am slightly addicted to freshly smashed cumin seeds in my mortar and pestle but feel free to use ground cumin].


Once cumin has toasted, add the olive oil to the pan. Add the shucked corn and salt to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, until the corn starts to get a little translucent and some kernels have some toasted edges. Roughly 15-20 minutes.

Once corn has cooked, remove from heat and stir in the chives and feta cheese.

We had our with the cumin yogurt sauce and quinoa couscous from a few posts ago and with fresh chopped tomatoes tossed with a little salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar. 

Sooooo delicious!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment